A few Canon Thursdays back, I asked my readers which Sherlock Holmes story they’d like to adapt if they had the chance. Today I’m asking which one you’d like to see on your screen, either as a film or television episode.
Here’s what I want to know:
1) Which story would you pick?
3) Which Holmes-verse do you want to see it in? I’m restricting us to current versions, so you can go for the BBC Sherlock series, a Ritchie film, or the new CBS version. (Or, you can invent your own and explain why)
1) The Adventure of the Yellow Face
2) It’s a classic story with a hilarious twist, the fact that Holmes gets it wrong. The ending is extremely surprising, especially in a Victorian context.
3. I’d love to see the BBC series tackle an updated version of this story. I realize it’s a tricky one to do without being offensive, but I have faith that Moffat and Co could get it right.
What about you? Let me know your answers in the comments